Stand Up to DEFEAT White Supremacy
The Leadership Council on Civil & Human Rights Shares 10 Ways How To Defeat This Threat to Our World
“By sharing acts of hate that you experienced or witnessed, you can access help and services, educate the public, and empower others”
The full article is filled with links to petitions to sign and concrete actions to take, and you can read it here. Below is a preview of the 10 things you can do to end white supremacy:
- Demand the President stop his hateful rhetoric and policies. Sign this petition now to stop Trump’s hate.
- Tell social media companies to stop profiting off of hate. Tell Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to do the right thing and stop the racism that’s endemic to their platforms.
- Hold your leaders accountable. Tweet at your leaders and let them know #WhiteSupremacyKills. Demand they take a position against hate.
- Vote your Values. Register today and vote your values in November.
- Demand the Senate pass common-sense gun safety laws. Demand that Senate Majority Leader McConnell convene an emergency session for common-sense gun safety laws now.
- Strengthen hate crimes laws. Urge your members of Congress to co-sponsor and pass the Jabara Heyer NO HATE Act now.
- Protect our courts. Call your senators and demand that they protect our courts and vote no on extremist nominees.
- Join the fight to end family separation and the dehumanization of immigrants. Call on all elected officials to oppose these raids and any policy that results in family separation.
- Refuse to be erased. Pledge to fill out the 2020 Census today.
- Share your story. Report acts of hate to Communities Against Hate now. (English)(Spanish)
ANOTHER GREAT THING YOU CAN DO IS TO SIGN UP FOR TEXT MESSAGE REMINDERS OR
RECRUIT YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN YOUR JOURNEY ON